Saturday 13 June 2009

The Reflective Potential of Blogging

I have found a blog an interesting reflective tool. I do think that in the act of writing and the thought process which is required in choosing your words and deciding what you are going to commit to paper (or screen), you do naturally reflect much more deeply on something. However I am not personally keen on having my thoughts and ideas in a public arena and would not usually choose to do so. Not just for protection reasons but also because I do not consider myself an expert in most subjects at the moment or at least not enought to be an authority on them or for my opinions to be particularly worth sharing. However I do think reflective blogging could be a lovely tool for a class because of progression of the blog and the opportunity to keep returning to a subject and track a change in attitudes or knowledge. It is something I would certainly consider incorporating into my classroom practice.

13.06.09

No comments: